Search This Blog

Monday, October 12, 2015

Joe's KC BBQ- Truly Famous BBQ

Warning:  The following may be innapropriate to children under 12 and those who think a breakfast burrito is great gas station food


Joes' Kansas City BBQ is rated as one of the best in the country.   Some say it's THE BEST

Here's what I'll tell you.  These are the best burnt ends that I have ever had.  This is where I resist the cheap joke, "just the tip."  Dammit!



AND it's really in a gas station.


So if you are looking for a white cloth experience, go to Jack Stack if you want to "impress your date or client."  But if you want to be real, check out Joe's.  I mean you can get some fuzzy dice or top off your gas tank on the way home.


Even my man Tony Bourdain called Joe's "1 of the 13 Places to Eat Before You Die."  Check, oh wait I'm now quite there yet.


Now I did screw up and didn't order the famous "Z-Man" sandwich and got ribs instead.  The ribs are ok.  This was a monumental mistake.  Always go with what got them there, right?


So maybe I go back on next years KC trip!  We had a great crew and even picked up a random business traveler.  Because nothing brings great people together more than BBQ, well maybe Journey's "Don't Stop Believin," but it's a close second.



I also got to cross a bucket list item off of the list.  As a kid, my second favorite team was the KC Royals.  I loved George Brett and Dan Quisenberry, but I was always enamored by their stadium.  And this year we made the pilgrimage!



No comments:

Post a Comment