Search This Blog

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Timone's Pizza Joint- A First Look

Warning:  The following may not be appropriate for children under the age of 13 and those whom do not appreciate the show "Curb Your Enthusiasm"


Please "like" our new Facebook Site as well:  https://www.facebook.com/TheDryRub

Last week Timone's was #1 on the Eater Heat Map, so naturally I had to check it out.  I love the Highlands, I love pizza, so what the hell.  So last week, I went and met a couple of friends down there for lunch and then...........well, it was closed.  The first question is WHY THE %$#&@ IS A PIZZA JOINT CLOSED FOR LUNCH.  Thankfully, we were in the Highlands and hungover, so The Highland Tap's French Dip was in play.  It's the #2 sandwich in Atlanta as Donna at the Tap, Atlanta's favorite bartender ALWAYS reminds me.

So today we did a makegood and Beth from the Dry Rub 4 was there!  We got there a few minutes before opening, so we got to walk around the joint.  The Decor was great, loved the exposed brick and it had a bit of an obnoxious New York theme.  Here's my issue, good pizza is good pizza, you don't have to say New York to qualify for a quality pie.  Case in point, Antico Pizza is just the best pizza in Atlanta PERIOD.  The line is around the corner at every meal to prove it.  There are no gimmicks.

Great Decor
The staff was wonderful and extremely accomodating.  Having three children with me, that isn't something I take for granted.  We started out with the Garlic Knots.  Some Garlic Knots tend to be too greasy, these were not.  They were so good marinara was not necessary.

"Dad, this was my best restaurant experience ever, I'm down for the Clam pizza next time!"  Full Disclosure, the bar is set pretty low for Charlie's best restaurant experience.
Then we ordered two things, the Baked Ziti, which I had heard was great and eh, it was alright.  It didn't have nearly enough cheese.  But my boy Charlie LOVED it.  And in the end, that's good enough.
I mean, Baked Ziti is supposed to have melted cheese, correct?  Why the hell bake it then?
Then I ordered the Pizza with Riverview Farms Meatball, Garden Basil, Chile Oil, Pickled Banana Pepper and Red Sauce.  The pizza was pretty damn good.  The crust was really good.  They have a filtration system that supposedly recreates the NY water to make the dough, but it stands on its own.

I will follow up with an addendum when I go back and try some of the more eclectic pie's on their menu.  Overall, I think this is a great addition to the Virginia Highlands, which needed a pizza joint.  Let's get ahold of ourselves and realize it's not Antico, but what is?   I will definitely be back for seconds.

http://www.timonespizzaatlanta.com/

Today's Footnote:  We are considering doing a list of the best food moments in Television and Cinema History.  Please let us know your suggestions.  Here is a great one from the sick mind of Larry David for starters.

And if you haven't seen Clear History on HBO, do it if you love Curb.  The premise may have more holes than a Texas border fence, but there are some hysterical moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment